Wednesday, June 22, 2011

#44

I am immensely fond of Anne Brashares' books. Brashares' books for adults were both reviewed with enthusiasm here.  It was with reluctance that I started the Traveling Pants series, but soon held conversations with friends about which of the four friends we most identified with.  (I'm Tibby or Bridget.  Those of you who know me can settle this once and for all.)

Last week, the final installment of the Sisterhood series came out.  The beginning was shaky.  I wasn't immediately engrossed, yet soon I was crying.  (Not a good book to read while while "watching" your child's swim lessons.)  Soon, though, these girls--now women--held my attention fully.

Sisterhood Everlasting is a reunion that should not be skipped.  If you've read the others, you need to know how the rest of the story unfolds. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment