Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Shopping Spree

The Rowenta
Professional Ironing Board!


I had the chance to shop without my son at my side, and therefore spent far more than usual. I'm still a little giddy, and a little guilty, over the experience. Check out my haul!

The display model Rowenta ironing board was 50% off at Bed Bath and Beyond. I added my 20% off coupon to make it a super-steal, and now I don't hate to iron quite as much as I used to. It's the mother of all ironing boards! The top is extra wide, and the legs offer more stability than I knew was possible for an ironing board.

I can justify the purchase since I spend hours upon hours at my ironing board, steaming, piecing, and pinning fabric. And I will never need another in my life.

I also had a 25% off coupon for Michael's 'Nuff said! Picked up some felt and stamp pads, fabric paint, and brushes for future endeavors: felting, holiday card embellishments, and screen printing.
Thanks to an Etsy forum alert, I picked up a folding table from Target for just $39. It will be a great investment for selling at craft fairs, and it will offer more surface space in my crafting area.

Finaly, Office Depot had an open box discount of 60% a great Memorex I-Pod docking station +AM/FM radio tuner.

Not bad for an hour and a half of shopping, eh? The rest of my day was dedicated to sewing and building a display out of peg board and moulding. (Now I just need to create the necklaces that will hang there for sale.)
The bottom line? Taking a personal day is cause for glee, but I couldn't afford this kind of time off on a regular basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment