Friday, August 28, 2009

Geek Love

While trying to decide on phone to replace my three-year-old Razr, I heard one influential phase over and over: "You'll never regret getting an iPhone!"

I had my doubts once I saw the increased monthly rate for data service, but then I played with a co-worker's iPhone. Later, I read in Nathan Bransford's blog that he reads e-books on his iPhone more often than on his Kindle or Sony e-Book and my lust for the little machine tripled.

Last Friday night, I dreamed I had one. The dream was so much fun that I was morose upon awakening to the realization I couldn't watch YouTube on my phone.

Wednesday, my phone and green case arrived via two-day FedEx. I'm head over heels for this little device! I've added the Kindle app, a Scrabble, NPR updates, and some podcast subscriptions. Learning all it's uses takes some time, (I still haven't figured out how to use my existing iTunes music for ringtones, for example) but it's fun.

1 comment:

  1. Let the jealousy ensue. Please don't talk to me about your apps as I may do something crazy, like buy one for myself after we decided not to get them when we bought new phones a month ago.

    ReplyDelete