Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The Sad Part: Strange Folk Comes but Once a Year

My helpful husband and I drove separate, packed vehicles and arrived at my booth space on Saturday morning with three and a half hours to prepare for the 10:00 opening. After my husband helped to unload the gear and set up the tent and grid walls, he scooted away to entertain our son for the day. In spite of what sounds like ample time to prepare, I had only five spare minutes to use the restroom and pick up my artist's badge before greeting shoppers.
I had expected the changing area in the rear of my tent to draw more t-shirt sales, but ended up taking it down on Sunday. The openly visible mirror seemed to attract more people.
The t-shirt rack definitely welcomed more attention after I hung several examples along the walls. The fabric in the corner is hiding my tent weights, which were five gallon buckets filled with sand ($26 for all four corners combined) The front pair were masked by drapes, and the other corner weight was behind my counter.
Below is a glimpse at the view behind the scenes. Here's where the vendors in my row took a breather now and then. The folks on either side of me were friendly non-smokers, for which I was grateful.
The weekend was a fun retreat and a successful venture, with visits from friends and family who were enthusiastic supporters that were careful not to impede business.

I'm hoping for the opportunity to return to this fantastic festival next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment