Monday, November 16, 2009

Reading, Writing, and Grading

I'm sorry to say that none of the books I've read in recent weeks have been exceptional. (I try to only review books I enjoy, so as not to hurt the feelings of those I hope to one day count as colleagues.) A couple you may find worthwhile are mentioned below. Sorry for the lack of photos and links.

Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac was a solid book. It bogged down a bit in the middle, but everything in the story happens for a reason. I'm looking forward to the March release of this author's next book for adults, and I'll be reserving copies of her other two existing books. (Gabrielle Zevin also wrote the script for Conversations with Other Women, a neat conversation-driven movie with the fascinating actress Helena Bonham Carter.)

The Penny Pincher's Club
was a fluff of a story with a whole lot of believable characters. It seemed to be more motivational than entertaining, yet it sticks with me. Sarah Strohmeyer is the author.
___________________________
Lately, I'm not at all interested in sewing for profit. At first I thought it was a period of recuperation after the intensity of the Strange Folk Festival, but the feeling lingers. I didn't exactly peak, but I reached goals pertaining to creating a quality booth display filled with inventory and a tidy sum to deposit afterward. Now I'm over it. All I want to do is make one-offs for gifts or personal use and return to fitness and writing as my primary personal endeavors.

If this feeling sticks, it leaves me with the question of what to do with my inventory and craft show paraphernalia. Suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment