Thursday, December 4, 2008

Photographing Merchandise

In the far corner of my basement, near the windows and doorway of our walk-out, beside the laundry lines, I take pictures. Quality pictures aren't simple, but I keep learning about what works best. Some colors present more of a struggle. Blue, for instance, drives me nuts because the background somehow picks up the hue as well. And light colors, like yellow, are nearly impossible for me to capture with any crispness. Shadowy corners still plague my shots, as seen below.

I've learned, though, to write down which settings work, and to manipulate the digital images with software. It takes time, but I can manage to represent my sewing projects now.
This is important, because the clearer the image is, the more confident the consumer is.

No comments:

Post a Comment