Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Kurt Vonnegut (all hail!)


One story I love to assign is "Harrison Bergeron," by Kurt Vonnegut. The discussion that ensues is fascinating for me to facilitate and listen to.

This past fall, a former student told me to check out the trailer for the short film 2081. It appears to be a faithful yet visionary interpretation of the story by a quality director and acting ensemble. I can't wait to get my eyes on this piece of celluloid. The 1995 made-for-TV movie was a pale effort that always enrages my students with it's interpretation of the story.

Check out the Wikipedia entry, or sign up for notifications on the web site. This is one person's take on all the buzz surrounding this new film.

Pin with Vonnegut quotation is by Lolabot and available in her Etsy shop.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for this post/idea. Don't you love it when your former students tell you something that you didn't know about the subject that you taught them. That is real teaching and learning! Great job.

    Danielle

    ReplyDelete