Friday, April 3, 2009

This Week's Recommended Read



I'm having a hard time deciding what to say about Handle with Care.

It was engrossing, and I walked around in a fog in the gaps of time between reading.

In reliable Picoult fashion, the characters were dynamic and tangible as my own neighbors.

There are the predictable Picoult fiction ingredients: medical and judicial aspects, fierce parental bonds, and twisty plotlines.

In short, depend on this author for a gripping, life-like reading experience and thought-provoking gem. There are only two of her 16 novels that I would hesitate to recommend. (I cannot fathom how she manages to gestate each book in just nine months.)

2 comments:

  1. Which ones would you not recommend? I didn't like the one about the family with the two daughters, the bone marrow and the younger daughter wanting to be able to legally choose whether or not she gave her marrow to her sister. Well, I guess I liked it until the end. I thought the end was a cop out.
    Love reading your blog!
    :) Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Aimee--if you didn't like that one, you won't like this one. They're much the same.

    ReplyDelete